Story Blog

Codine's off for the moment, but if you haven't read 'Turning Stones' it's still up there - free read! http://www.codinebourbon.blogspot.com/.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday 10th May 2011

Just managed to post the last entry (at last) but they won't let me post pics yet. They'll just have to wait. Digital incompetencies.

Was going to write something, but am far too distracted by the Mr's rendition of Dobby the House Elf while the Non is eating dinner. Have no idea what I was going to say.

To tell the truth, I'm just relieved that Blogger's up again. It's disturbing how easily these little aberrations of pixels can disrupt one's day.

After a pretty dry week (undoubtedly due to idleness) in the writing field, sat down today and tapped out, quite frankly, a winner. Just under 400 words, and more than a bit off the wall but in the right field, will easily blow the shoes and socks off the judges. (In the wrong field they'll shake their heads and wonder what the hell they've been drinking, but I'm talking about the right field.) Not only that, but after that I got another one done, not quite so good but OK in its own way. There's nothing quite like it. I know that one's a winner – maybe not the first competition I send it out to but eventually it'll blow the lid off something. Wonderful to sit back and just know that.

Dobby the House Elf is still up to his antics. I'll remember what I was on about sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment